ACCESS AT TITANIC BELFAST
We're proud to be consistently recognised as industry leaders on a local, national and international level for our accessibility standards. As recognised ambassadors, we are continually working to further develop our five-star customer service by ensuring that all of our visitors' access requirements are not only fully met but exceeded.
Please see full accessibility information here.
Those visiting Titanic Belfast with ASD can avail of a number of aids to help them get the most out of the experience and feel comfortable about seeking help from our knowledgeable staff. These include 'VIP' wristbands to let our crew know you may like assistance, a pre-visit sensory guide and the loan of ear defenders and/or black out tents. For full information please see here.
Titanic Belfast operates a Free Carers Policy, whereby it offers a free carer ticket to any paying customer who requires essential assistance to visit our building. Where possible, please bring proof of carer status.
Should you wish to book your carer ticket in advance please contact us via our Welcome Team on +44 (0)28 9076 6386 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
All circulation spaces at Titanic Belfast are fully accessible as are the Titanic Experience galleries. There are some dimensional and weight restrictions on the Shipyard Ride which may mean that some wheelchairs, and all mobility scooters, will be unable to be accommodated within the accessible car.
Wheelchairs and Scooters
In conjunction with Shop Mobility, Titanic Belfast can arrange for mobility scooters to be available for the duration of your visit (subject to availability).
The Shipyard Ride
Due to dimensional and weight restrictions on the Shipyard Ride, mobility scooters unfortunately cannot be accommodated. There is a wheelchair accessible car which can accommodate one standard wheelchair at a time, wheelchairs cannot be larger than 1.0m in length.
The safety bar in each car must close to 320mm.
Please advise crew if you are pregnant.
- 1 Toilet - Entrance from car parking on level -1
- 1 Toilet - Atrium level
- 2 Toilets - Level 1
- 1 Toilet - Gallery One - Boomtown Belfast
- 1 Toilet - The Andrews Gallery
- 2 Toilets - Level 2
- 1 Toilet - Gallery Six
- 1 Toilet - Gallery Seven
- 2 Toilets - Level 5 Banqueting Suites
Facilities For Those With Hearing Loss
Facilities For Those Who Are Blind Or Partially Sighted
A lift on board the ship provides access to all areas, bar the Crew Space which is accessible via approx. 7-8 steps and the Flying Bridge Deck (very top deck) which has approx. 15 steps.
FURTHER ACCESSIBILITY INFORMATION
- The majority of the pages on this site are WCAG AA approved, complying with all priority 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. (http://www.w3.org/WAI/).
- All pages on this site comply with the Irish National Disability Authority IT Accessibility Guidelines. (http://accessit.nda.ie/)
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. (http://www.section508.gov/)
- The majority of pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT tag. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3 accessibility techniques, which explains how to implement each guideline.
- W3 accessibility checklist, a busy developer's guide to accessibility.
- Irish National Disability Authority IT accessibility guidelines.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth requirements